The TEMPUR-Pedic name has become synonymous with quality mattresses and with the memory foam technology used in these mattresses. That’s no accident, as this is where the first commercial memory foam beds were developed. TEMPUR-Pedic continues to sell supportive, healing beds to this day.
Memory foam was developed in the 1960s by a NASA research program. The goal was to create safer aircraft cushions by creating a material with a very slow spring back. A couple of decades later, the material was released into the public domain, and in 1991, the first commercial was launched.
Known as the TEMPUR-Pedic Swedish Mattress, it was created by Fagerdala World Foams and spawned the creation of TEMPUR-Pedic, Inc. Several other companies tasked with distributing the product worldwide were also born at this time. These companies then merged into the TEMPUR World holding company, which continues to sell high-tech memory foam mattresses.
Of course, just being the oldest doesn’t make you the best. This tech has since been used by countless other manufacturers for mattresses, pillows, cushions, and more. However, TEMPUR-Pedic hasn’t rested on its laurels and continues to invest heavily in research and development, improving its product range, winning countless awards, and maintaining its reputation as one of the industry’s best.
How Can TEMPUR-Pedic Mattresses Help?
Memory foam mattresses aren’t for everyone. If you like your mattresses plush and luxurious, like sleeping on a giant ball of cotton candy, there’s a good chance you’ll hate how this technology feels. However, if you suffer from back, leg or neck pain, or you’re just looking for a firm and supportive mattress, memory foam is ideal.
When you lie down, the high-density foam slowly sinks and contorts to your body’s shape. It essentially creates a “you-shaped” foam mold, ensuring that your body weight is evenly distributed across its surface. By spreading your weight, the mattress prevents you from putting too much pressure on one part of your body at one time.
It can also keep you cool. If you’re suffering from chronic pain, those areas will be inflamed, hot, and uncomfortable, and keeping them cool may help with the healing process.
The bed-in-a-box fad has made memory foam mattresses more accessible, with the average product selling for under $1,000 and offering generous return periods and warranties. If these are the prices and products you’ve become accustomed to during your comparison searches, then prepare to be disappointed. TEMPUR-Pedic mattresses are not in the “affordable” category.
The cheapest option is the TEMPUR-Cloud, which will set you back just under $2,000 for the Queen and $2,400 for the King. Of course, a lot more technology goes into the creation of these mattresses and you do get a lot of value out of that $2,000.
The Most Popular TEMPUR-Pedic Features and Models
The Cloud claims to provide up to 40% more pressure relief than its nearest competitor, and it also features:
- A Stretch Cover: A moisture-wicking cover that is designed to provide breathability and superior air flow
- Extra Layers: Includes sComfort and Support layers made from TEMPUR material, as well as a foam base
- No Motion Transfer: If you’re a fidgety sleeper, your partner won’t be disturbed
As you step-up the price, TEMPUR-Pedic mattress models include:
- TEMPUR-Adapt: Available as a Medium or Medium-Hybrid, with a cover that is cool to the touch and protects against microbes and allergens
- Includes TEMPUR foam layers, while the Medium-Hybrid also features 1,000+ spring coils designed to complement the memory foam layers
- TEMPUR-ProAdapt: From Soft to Firm with the SmartClimate Dual Cover System for increased comfort and cooling
- TEMPUR-LuxeAdapt: The only mattress that features the TEMPUR-APR+, which is designed to respond to your body and provide superior comfort, cooling, and motion stability
- TEMPUR-Breeze: The most expensive TEMPUR mattress, the Breeze prioritizes temperature control and can keep you cool and dry all night
- The Breeze promises to be up to 8 degrees cooler and is ideal for hot sleepers and consumers in hot and humid climates
You can compare all of these mattresses and their features on the TEMPUR-Pedic website.
Other TEMPUR-Pedic Products
In addition to its world-famous mattresses, TEMPUR-Pedic also sells a host of other essentials for your bed and bedroom. These are crafted to the same high standard and some of them use the same space-age technology found in TEMPUR mattresses. These products include:
- Bed Bases: Choose from Power Bases, which can be adjusted to provide ergonomic support, and Flat Bases, which are standard box foundations
- Pillows: Pillows and neck supports made using TEMPUR technology are available for upwards of $79.00
- There is a wide range of pillows to choose from and they can accompany any TEMPUR mattress and help with neck pain and posture problems
- Sheets: High thread count sheets made from premium materials, including Egyptian cotton, Pima cotton, and a rayon/cotton/bamboo blend
- Mattress Toppers: Adds several inches of TEMPUR material to your mattress and can improve its support and function. If you want a TEMPUR mattress but don’t have the budget for it, consider getting one of these instead
- They retail for less than $400 for the Queen size and sales have been known to reduce this to just over $300
- Weighted Blanket: Originally designed for children suffering from conditions such as extreme anxiety and autism, these blankets are now used by all ages and all types of people. They help provide comfort and reduce anxiety
- Cushions: Supportive cushions for the home and office
TEMPUR-Pedic is a premium brand and its mattresses are not cheap, but it’s clear that they’ve spent a lot of time and money manufacturing the best beds possible. If you’re struggling to find a supportive mattress, a TEMPUR mattress could be worth its weight in gold.
You spend a third of the day sleeping. If you’re suffering from chronic pain, night sweats, or any other issues, the effects of a poor night’s sleep on your physical and mental health can be unbearable. With all things considered, it is worth investing in the right mattress, but whether or not TEMPUR is right for you is a different story.
The good news is that you can send the mattress back if it’s not quite what you’re looking for. There is a 90 Night Sleep Trial that allows you to try the mattress for a few months and then get a full refund if you don’t like it. All their mattresses come with a 10-year warranty, although it’s worth noting that this only covers manufacturer defects and not damage caused by the user.
TEMPUR Mattresses are vacuum packed for easier shipping and can be unboxed and unfurled in the room of your choice.
Locations and More
$2,000+ is a lot of money to drop on a single purchase, even with the promise of a three-month sleep trial. If you’re concerned about making such a big purchase, you can try your chosen TEMPUR mattress in one of hundreds of partner locations.
These stores are located across the country and you can find a list of them here. Alternatively, dial 888-811-5053 to speak with one of the company’s Sleep Experts, or use their website’s Live Chat feature.