The Hugo Go Anywhere mobility brand is part of the massive Drive Medical Group. It sells walkers and other mobility aids to help seniors live their best lives, and its products are available across the United States and Canada.
Everything that carries the Hugo brand is designed and built with the highest quality materials and manufacturing processes. The company has a wealth of experience in the mobility sector and knows how to make strong, sturdy, and durable products. All mobility equipment is designed to make your life easier as you age and struggle with basic mobility.
Some of the unique mobility products sold by Hugo include:
- Canes: Claw canes, offset handle canes, and more are all available in a huge number of colors and styles. Hugo sells straps for greater visibility and tips for improved support. Canes are the go-to product for seniors who still have most of their mobility but need some additional support when they are out and about.
- Rollators: A step-up from canes, rollators offer more support for mobile seniors and can be fitted with seats and storage space. Choose from multiple different styles and colors, with prices ranging from a low of $100 to a high of $300.
- Walkers: At the time of writing, the only Hugo walker is a low-cost foldable option available in blue.
- Transport Chairs: These chairs are used to transport seniors from one place to another. One of our personal favorites in the Hugo range is an all-in-one Rollator and Transport Chair.
- Crutches: Lightweight aluminum crutches available in three sizes and for less than $25. These crutches are easy to use but still require some upper body strength and, therefore, may not be best suited for all users.
- Accessories: Includes winter walking aids, storage solutions for walkers and rollators, and grips. In addition, you can buy replacement parts for all Hugo products. Many of these products have warranties and return policies, so this shouldn’t be your first course of action. Regardless, if you’ve had the equipment for a long time or have damaged a part that is not covered, replacement parts are much cheaper than buying new.
You can order your mobility products directly through the Hugo Anywhere website. You will need to create an account and log in before you can order, but the site is e-commerce ready and can process payments securely.
Hugo Anywhere uses the WooCommerce platform, which allows it to process payments securely using third-party software.
If you’d prefer to order from a major retailer, see the alternative options below.
Alternative Ordering Locations
You can buy Hugo-branded products from Amazon, Walmart, and Walgreens. Not only do these sites have a wide range of options, covering Hugo and many similar brands, but there are also regular offers to collect and savings to make. In addition, your orders will be backed by return policies and extensive warranties.
When buying Hugo products from online marketplaces like Amazon, make sure you’re going directly through the company’s official store. This way, if anything goes wrong, you’ll be backed by a warranty. It also guarantees that you’re really getting what you paid for and are not being duped by a knock-off product made cheaply in China.
As Hugo products are sold at Amazon, reviews are easy to come by. This is one of the great things about using Amazon as opposed to a company’s website. Where the latter is concerned, you might be greeted with a few cherry-picked testimonials and reviews, but you’re not always guaranteed honesty and transparency.
We’re not saying that Hugo is guilty of any of that, but it goes without saying that when companies sell directly through their own site, they have complete control of user reviews and are more likely to delete the negative ones.
This is not possible with Amazon, so it paints a more complete picture of how the company operates, whether it honors warranties and returns, and how good its products are.
Fortunately, all Hugo products have accumulated thousands of reviews and have an average score of around 4.5 out of 5. Bad reviews are few and far between, and the ones that do exist aren’t much cause for concern.
There are complaints from users who argue that Hugo products are not made for overweight or obese individuals, even though the products they’re reviewing openly state this. We’ve also seen bad reviews from customers who were too small or tall for the product in question, which is also something that the products openly state.
To make sure you don’t have a bad customer experience, read the product specifications, check the weight and height limits, and understand exactly what you’re getting. Unfortunately, while many customers do this on company websites, the same doesn’t seem to apply to Amazon, eBay, and other marketplaces, and it leads to a lot of disappointment.
If you need more information about a Hugo product, email the parent company at ConsumerSupport@DriveMedical.com. There are specific Twitter and Facebook pages relating to Hugo products, but at the time of writing, these have not been updated for several years.
For issues with orders, contact the retailer that sold you the product.