Sunrise Medical is a leading mobility manufacturer that produces wheelchairs, powered chairs, and more. They also distribute them to customers in need across the United States and several other countries.
In fact, Sunrise Medical operates manufacturing sites in 10 countries and has sales offices in 8. These major hubs produce huge numbers of mobility products and distribute them to 130 countries, including Canada, China, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Spain.
Sunrise Medical Products
The Sunrise Medical name has been featured on innumerable mobility products over the years, including some of the industry’s best such as:
- QUICKIE Manual Wheelchairs: Active wheelchairs that can be folded away for easy storage but are also rigid, tough, and highly durable. Perfect for active users, these wheelchairs are lightweight and come in an array of styles
- ZIPPIE Pediatric Manual Wheelchairs: Created with your child’s development in mind, ZIPPIE wheelchairs can support their needs as they grow, giving them some much-needed freedom and independence while allowing you to continue to care for them.
- Choose from an array of colors and customization options to suit your child’s preferences and needs
- QUICKIE Power Wheelchairs: Premium powered wheelchairs designed to help you live an active and independent life. They include strong suspensions, powerful motors, and a variety of safety features
- ZIPPIE Pediatric Power Wheelchairs: At the time of writing, the only wheelchair in this range is the ZM-310, a small, compact, and feature-rich chair with numerous seating positions
- Switch-It Electronics: Joysticks, head controls, and drive controls made for power wheelchair uses
- Customization: Along with the aforementioned mobility wheelchairs and power chairs, Sunrise Medical also has a wide range of customization options to help you get more from your chair. Whether you’re changing the positioning options, the controls, or just adding a little flair, Sunrise has you covered
Prices and Ordering Information
Manual wheelchairs range from around $1,800 to $3,000, while power chairs sell for an average of $7,000. As you can see, these are not cheap chairs, but they do provide a lot of value and are generally considered to be some of the best in the industry. If those prices are within your budget, it’s worth taking a look, but if money’s tight you may want to take your business elsewhere.
Details of each product, including current pricing, is listed on the Sunrise Medical website, but you will need to go through a dealer (available both offline and online) to place an order. Remember that all chairs can be customized with a host of added extras and a vast selection of colors, allowing you to adapt the device to your style.
Sunrise Medical Reviews
Sunrise Medical is not accredited by the BBB and, while it has decent scores on review sites like Trustpilot and Yelp, it only has a handful of reviews that are not enough to make a clear judgment.
The good news, however, is that there are no red flags, no deluge of complaints, and nothing that should concern you. Customers seem to like Sunrise Medical products, it’s as simple as that. If they are in your price range and have what you’re looking for, speak with a representative today.
Dealer Locations and More
Use this page to find a Sunrise Medical dealer near you. Just type in your state, city, or zip code and you’ll see an up-to-date list of current Sunrise Medical dealers in your area. Alternatively, you can use this list to find an online dealer.
The dealer can provide you with any information you need, but you can also contact Sunrise Medical either directly by dialing 1-800-333-4000 or by sending a message through this contact form.